Extreme tour, from Cyprus to Chernobyl via Kiev
26.04.16 - 30 years after Chernobyl tragedy
We prepared a special tour, unforgettable experience.
It is safe and well organized.
Available only for groups and individual tourists.
Dates: any weekend.
From Friday to Sunday
Sample program below
Recommended flight PS342
PS 342 X35 LCA KBP from larnaca 1440 arriving to Kiev 1745
Friday: arriving to Kiev, transfer to the hotel, check in the hotel Dnipro 4*
In the evening, free time, walking to Maidan square.
Dinner in the city(optional)
7:00- breakfast in the hotel. Departure from the hotel to the pick up point
8:00 departure from Kiev with our comfortable van
During the trip in Chernobyl you will see the following:
- a field camp of the 25th brigade of the radiation chemical and bacteriological protection;
- Dytyatky checkpoint, an official entrance to the Exclusion zone;
- the village of Zalissya with abandoned houses and barns, a shop and the only self-settler Rozaliya Ivanivna;
- a bypass road to the NPP around the town of Chernobyl, built a month after the accident to facilitate the traffic of military vehicles;
- an almost fully buried village of Kopachi with a remaining kindergarten;
- a concrete-reloading unit, essential for the Sarcophagus erection in 1986;
- a decontaminated Red Forest at place of the first and worst radioactive fall-out;
- the town of Pripyat populated by 50 thousand people before the evacuation:
the hospital receiving the firefighters and NPP workers, badly affected by the accident;
a river port and the most prestigious Pripyat café at the embankment;
a town hall - the first headquarters for mitigation of the accident consequences;
Polissya hotel, a correction point for helicopters dropping lead bags over the 4th reactor ruins;
Energetic Palace of culture, the main recreational site for the Prypyat youth;
Ferris wheel in the amusement park which was never open;
a fire station, the crew were the second to extinguish fire at the NPP at night of the disaster on April 26, 1986;
- Chernobyl NPP:
- the Sarcophagus and the New Safe Confinement ("Arch") - an observation point at a 300 m distance;
- a fire station at the NPP, the crew arrived the first to extinguish fire at the NPP after explosion,
- memorial "Life for Life" in front of the administrative building, there used to be an enormous parking lot in 1986: thousands of people arrived there daily for NPP decontamination, the Sarcophagus construction, etc.;
- a NPP cooling pond (feeding giant catfish - depending on the season);
- cooling towers of the Chernobyl NPP 3rd generation;
- secret soviet object Chernobyl 2(Duga 1) Giant radar antenna "DUGA-1", secret town of Chernobyl-2 which provided the efficiency of antennas and horizon tracking of the launching of ballistic missiles.
- the town of Chernobyl:
- the world's best memorial "To Those who Saved the World';
- an open-air exhibition of transport vehicles and robots used in 1986-clean up activities;
- ecologically-clean Chernobyl canteen for the Exclusion zone workers (vegetarian meal available upon request).
Arrive back to Kiev at 20:00
Free time, dinner outside.
Breakfast in the hotel,
8:30 Optional Kiev city tour to Kiev-Pechersk lavra
Or Mezgorye (Yanukovish residence)
Return to the hotel at 16:30, departure to the airport, flight back to Cyprus
PS 343 4 KBP LCA departure from Kiev 1945 arrival to Larnaca 2235
IMPORTANT TRIP INFORMATION
We depart from Kyiv to Chernobyl at 7:30 am
In case of no-show, the trip payment is not refunded.
You are to have your passport on you! WITHOUT PASSPORT NO ONE IS LET INTO THE ZONE!
According to the Zone regulations, you are to wear:
- a jacket or a shirt with long sleeves;
- trousers (NO shorts, NO knee-breeches, NO skirts, NO leggings);
- boots or sneakers, which fully cover your feet WITHOUT FANCY OPENINGS please.
Before the departure you have to sign two documents, confirming that you won't have any claims to the Chernobyl zone administration and trip organizers if your private belongings get contaminated or health deteriorates, which may or may not occur during/after the trip.
To make your trip comfortable and enjoyable, we advise you to:
- have some sandwiches and bottled water with you to have a bite en route;
- be prepared for rain and dew on the grass during the walks on the stops;
- have your personal first aid kit and a repellent;
- wear comfortable clothes and high hiking shoes (boots in winter);
- and, most importantly - TAKE YOUR PASSPORT - not ID - without it you won't be let to the zone!
In order to fully understand and feel the most special matter of the Chernobyl zone - namely, radiation - we highly recommend you to order a personal dosimeter-radiometer Terra-P for your trip.
It will make 'visible' the radiation rate you travel at, constantly informing you about the radiation background. At the end of the day it will show your exact irradiation dose for the whole trip. We are offering dosimeter for rent, price 20 euro per one.
During 1-day tour to the Chernobyl zone you will receive a radiation dose equal to approximately 1 hour jet flight, that is 160 times less than the dose received during a single chest x-rays, and 3600 times less than in the one the whole body CT scan!
You should be absolutely health to enter the zone. People with diabetes, cancer or other dread diseases are not allowed to enter the zone. Special agreement will be signed before entering a special zone, mentioning that you agree to enter the zone at your own will and have no climes to our company at any case.
Prices start from 400 euro per person, for more details please contact our office
Air tickets and medical insurance are not included.
English speaking assistance available
Click here to view our ready packages to East Europe
Click here to view our healing travel packages
Click here to view travel packages from Cyprus to Greece
Click here to view cruises from Cyprus
Cancellation policy: Refund will be issued after all cancellation and administrative fees have been deducted. (Gloria Travel Services fees 20 euro per person included in the package are non refundable)
quotations are payable, 20 euro per package, this price will be refundable after the confirmation of the trip.
Ref. No.: chernobyl1