Journey to Cyprus culture and handicraft center
perfect choice to have an activity for corporate and incentive groups.
Situated in the Old Town of Pafos the place is a renovated warehouse which once housed the fruits of the farmers ﬁelds, now lovingly transformed into a truly unique and fascinating
'place' for it is here, we celebrate the wonderful harvest of our
local craft people's creative talent.
the place offers visitors the opportunity to watch, and admire the skills of the potter, the icon painter, the wood carver, and see in action the art of fused glass and glass painting, the chair maker, the art of wood burning, basketry, not forgetting the ever present clacking of the loom as the weaver creates a traditional piece of intricate design. There is also the opportunity to create your own piece of art with guidance from a professional local craftsperson the place also promises a delight for the taste buds with local homemade sweets and delicacies on sale as well as the ever present invitation to taste our local award winning wines, spirits & beer.
We also invite guest craftsmen and women to come and display their work and if you ever wanted to know how to make a ﬂute then a visit to the place will reveal how it's done.
the place is a wonderful all encompassing expression of the regions cultural values, where a work of craft is an expression of the human spirit in material form.
We ﬁrmly believe that although material things can be knocked down and replaced better, it is far more difﬁcult to recapture a squandered virtue, and that is why the place is so vital to our community in keeping alive our centuries old craft virtues.
Visitors can also purchase unique hand crafted souvenirs as a lasting reminder of their visit.
the place aims to stimulate all of the ﬁve human senses, sight, sound, touch, taste, scent, and hopefully, visitors will agree that we add yet another 'sense' which is the sense of 'joy' at having discovered this wonderful place in Pafos.
The Place Includes the following:
- Earth friendly, creative Cypriot Craft centre accommodating over 12 local craft people (Pottery, basketry, chairmaking, wood burning, wood carving, weaving, embroidery, mosaics, fused glass, glass painting, iconography/byzantine art, encaustic art and much more. Classes for all ages can be arranged )
- Flavours of Cyprus-traditionally homemade products ( well selected top quality products from small family producers at moderate prices)
- Workshop for producing traditional Cyprus products (live representation how to prepare fruit preserves, marmalades etc.,)
- Wine store & tasting lounge ( 4 top regional wineries are accommodated )
- Lecture room/projection area with a capacity of 40 people indoor and 80 outdoors
- Shadow Theatre figure exhibition and permanent stage
- Beer and Wine garden (indoor yard)
It is a wonderful expression of the regions cultural values where a work craft is an expression of the human spirit in material form. It is exceptional and aims to stimulate all of the five human senses, sight, sound, touch, taste, scent and hopefully visitors will agree that we add yet another sense which is the sense of "joy" having discovered this wonderful place in Pafos.
Sutable for corporate teamspirit and other events
please ask the quotation by filling up the form below
click here to view other incentive ideas in Cypus
click here to view our teambuilding activities
click here to view our exclusive teambuilding activities
Ref. No.: handicraftpafincen